Our mandator is a world market leader in the processing and alloy of special metals and offers many product variations and extensive services for customers in different industries. For a good 100 years develops in Europe and worldwide active enterprises for the industry, solutions which allow a lasting use of resources.
By next possible appointment, we search a Head of Corporate Affairs for the European headquarter in the region Cologne / Düsseldorf. We are looking for an experienced Corporate Affairs Expert, who will be responsible for designing and executing internal and external communications strategies that will support the companies‘ growth and priorities. You will be a seasoned Corporate Affairs leader with strong strategic and creative ability in order to lead this function, which is important to the success of our business.
- You proactively advise the management team on key communications issues, coach and train leaders on effective communications (media/presentation skills)
- You develop and execute the communication strategy across – corporate reputation, product communications, neighbour’s relations and employee engagement
Other main accountabilities
Brand communication and reputation management
- Aligned to the companies‘ commercial strategy you devise a corporate affairs strategy in order to build our corporate reputation mobilizing the WW narrative, mission, vision and values and developing the story
- You build-up a corporate branding aligned with the requirements of the group
- By working with the business leaders, you will support top priorities and execute with an integrated communication plan
- You will act as a media spokesperson and represent the company at relevant external forums
- You will execute agreed activity via media relation, digital communication, HR engagement, third party / industry body / association representation / and support the management team‘s voice in these forums
- You will directly manage and prepare for issues impacting our reputation
- Ensuring local corporate affairs activities by complying with company standards of business conduct and ethic, industries code of conduct and other legal requirements
- You will develop metrics to track the status „where we are now“, agree „where we want to be“ and measure effectiveness against this.
Internal communications and employee engagement
- You develop a strategic internal communication plan as a partner with HR and Strategy & Operations in the execution of the employee engagement and change initiatives – in agreement with the management team
- You measure employee engagement around change milestones and companies strategy
- You support, advise and execute the company’s „Fair activities“
- Further, you develop our Corporate Identify and Corporate design
- You will take care of our Web-site, social media-information-system, corporate calendars and newsletter
- You support the companies project management system
- You will manage external agencies, etc.
Knowledge, experience and education
- Degree level educated – BA communications discipline, business or sciences
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking & analytical ability including the ability to innovate as well as good judgement, problem-solving and management skills
- Discretion when handling sensitive matters
- Excellent ability being a partner with business stakeholders, working with senior executives and being part of the leadership team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong leadership and influencing skills as well as pose and composure in dealing with demanding or adversarial groups
- Commitment to a highly ethical organization and to the company’s values
- Proactivity and high level of personal accountability
- Being highly proficient in German and English language
Our mandator offers:
- An extremely rewarding experience with plenty of room for personal creation and professional development
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- An attractive reimbursement package which corresponds to your experience and qualification. Continuing education possibilities belong to their enterprise philosophy.
Your aim is:
- To invest your personality, your strength and your time where it repays to invest itself?
- In a job that makes fun and demands you at the same time?
- We are glad about your complete application papers incl. salary, images and earliest possible entry appointment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.